LADDER 8
Disbanded

Camp Washington

CFDHISTORY ---›Companies ---› Ladders ---› LADDER 8
Disbanded

ORG
RELOC
N-QTRS
DISB
2200 GEST ST
2600 SPRING GROVE
3001SPRING GROVE
W/ E-25
AT E-43
W/ E-12
1888
1940
1978
1982

On November 19, 1888, Engine 25 and Ladder 8 were organized and placed in service in this building at the corner of Gest and Depot Streets. In 1940 Ladder 8 was relocated to the 43s at Alfred Street & Spring Grove Avenue. In 1976 Engine 43 was disbanded, and Engine 12 moved into the house. In 1978 Ladder 8 and Engine12 moved into new quarters at 3001 Spring Grove Avenue. Ladder 8 was disbanded on January 31, 1983



Members Who Died In The Line:

  Lt. Fred Hotel - August 5, 1920

  Joseph Schott - August 5, 1920

  Lee West - August 5, 1920

  Albert P Schoenig - August 6, 1920


1965 Seagrave 100' Aerial Shop #4611
This is the aerial that was assigned to Truck 8 when the company was disbanded on Januray 31, 1983.
Photo Steve Hagy

1965 Seagrave 100'Aerial Shop #4611
This apparatus was originally assigned to Truck 7.
Photo Steve Hagy

Truck 8, Engine 43, and District 3 lined up on Spring Grove Avenue in the late 1950's.
Photo Ed Effron

1944 Seagrave 85' Aerial Shop #25221
This apparatus was delivered with the required restrictions for apparatus purchases during WWII. Notice that all of the chrome plated parts are painted red so as to not pick up light and cast a reflection at night.
Photo Ed Effron

1944 Seagrave 85' Aerial Shop #25221
Truck 15 was the first company to be assigned this apparatus.
Photo Ed Effron

The crew of Truck 8 consisted of Lieutenant Pelzer and Firefighters R. Miller, R. Ginandt, and L. Hettinger. You can always spot the company officer in these photos as their uniform jacket has 2 rows of buttons.
Photo Courtesy of Michael Wilger