|Fire Company||Engine 44|
|Cause of Death||Asphyxiation /Smoke Inhilation|
|At Fire Box Number||Box 1315|
|Incident Type||3 Alarm Fire|
|Incident Location||1525 Vine St|
Gramza died while fighting a fire in the projection booth of the Empire Theater at 1525 Vine Street. Gramza had just returned from a Firemens' Fast-pitch Softball game when the alarm came in. Gramza was the team manager. Firemen found him lying at the top of the theater stairs, his smoke mask and helmet on the floor. Gramza was 36 and lived with his wife Mildred and two boys Michael Jr., 10, and Tommy, 5, at 826 Kirbert Avenue, Price Hill.